Social Media Isn’t Scary!
30 October 2015: Social Media has taken over our lives. Go jalan-jalan and everywhere you look, people are taking selfies and posting them on social media. For it Halloween event, 1 Utama is tapping into this phenomenon to scare up it shoppers
Boo! Get ready to be spooked at 1 Utama’s Social Media-inspired Halloween Celebration from 30 October – 1 November 2015 at Ground Floor Promenade in front of TGIF for three days
With the tagline of “Social media isn’t that scary”, the event features different platforms of social media pictured in very epic Halloween looks. So instead of a Facebook thumbs up like, a zombie hand takes its place. Instagram has an additional freaky eye
A wicked living room complete with life sized skeletons, cobwebby bookcases, foreplace and eerie decoration have been set up for shoppers to take loads of fun photos and share online. A cast of creepy mascot characters will also be dropping in throughout the three days to lend more frights and cheer to visitors
1 Utama Gift Redemption
What is Halloween without awesome gifts from 1 Utama? Shoppers are required to uniquely use social media as Halloween “currency” to make dedemptions this time
There are altogether three Halloween social media stations at the event area where shoppers can explore and go around redeeming creepy gift
1. Instagram Station – Take a selfie/wefie with friends and family at our spooky photo booth with 3D haunted living room. Grab Halloween costumes off the rack here and dress up for your Instagram moment. Share your scary look and hastag #1Utama to receive a complimentary ghostly 4R photo print and TGV Cinemas movie pass
2. Facebook Station – Stalk us on Facebook and redeem sinful treats like free popcorn and cotton candy
3. Twitter and YouTube Station – Spin the Wheel of Horror and say Trick or Tweet! Follow us on Twitter and/or YouTube and take home devilish freebies like witch hats, ghoulish masks, pumpkin baskets, cash vouchers from Cold Storage, Life Juice and 320 Below and much more
ONECARD Halloween Treats
Shoppers can flash their ONECARD at the event for more Halloween offers!
Balloon Wonderland – Free one special effects face print
S&J – Additional 10% discount on all itemsCold Storage – Additonal 10% discount on all items
Enjoy 5X UPoints on 31 October mall-wide when shopping with ONECARD Kids+ at participating outlets under Books, Gifts & Toys / Children / Enrichment & Hobbies / Leisure & Entertainment categories, Maximum 5,000 extra UPoints (RM50) per member, T&C apply
Oh and for little boys, girls and ghosties, we have some super fun Halloween workshops waiting for you
1. DIY Halloween Keychains Workshop – (31 OCtober, GF Promenade 3-4pm) Celebrate Halloween with a kids-friendly monster bash with Craft Haven! Make cute pumpkin and macaron monsters using air dry clay and finish it up as a key chain to take home. Open to ONECARD Kid+ members only
2. Let’s Decorate Spooky Cupcakes Workshop – (1 November, GF Promenade 3-4pm) Learn how to decorate spooky-licious Magical Witch Hat (with hidden surprise) and Scary Spider cupcakes with Kim from Vanilla Pods. She’ll show kids easy to follow decorating techniques using chocolate, candy and ice cream cones
* Complimentary for kids ages 5-12 years old, limited to the first 20 pax per workshop. Basic materials and tools will be provided.
Don’t worry, Social medial isn’t that scary….
We’re just dying yo see you!